Friday, September 01, 2006

the name game

greetings.

first of all, a little cleanup. as a portion of my blog's churning throng of readers knows, i got my own apartment about 25 minutes outside of tokyo. i've moved about half of the stuff in. rent is about $450 a month, which is really good considering the location. mmhmm. here's the address:

Tom Kain
Sekizawa 3-7-27
Urban Terrace Apt. 206
Fujimi Saitama-ken JAPAN 354-0025

if you send me mail, i will be really happy, throw myself a party, and run naked around the neighborhood. there's your incentive. choose wisely.

warning: the picture is not of me and my new apartment. although people in coats will certainly come and worship me at my residence, and i will almost always adorn its walls in gay pride colors, the picture above was actually taken at a temple on new year's day, 2006.

speaking of this new apartment, it needs a name. my place in naha was dubbed "xanadu." as wikipedia notes, the name, much like the name "tom kain," is a "metaphor for opulence." what other great apartment names are there? i could fit famous residence names to my own, like changing thomas jefferson's "monticello" to "montiviolin," michael jackson's "neverland" to "alwaysland," or nathaniel hawthorne's "house of seven gables" to "house of seven tables," in which case i'd have way too many tables. yeah, these names suck. i'm open to suggestions. or i could take a page from brian heilman's book and use another language.

on a similarly selfish subject, if you're dying to know what i was doing from the ages of 16 to 20, go here: mmmtomkain.

my next post is fermenting in my head. it's going to be delicious.

3 comments:

Case-Face said...

I'm happy to announce that I am the only one reading your blog in Eastern Europe.

I'm less happy to announce that I am in Eastern Europe.

Xanadu, along with being a stately pleasure dome, is a wonderful song by ELO. And you know how I feel about ELO.

John Kamman said...

CENTER OF EUROPE, casey! Center of europe.

Listen Think Speak said...

"Do you like Natto?"

-One of five questions/comments I seem to get everyday.