Monday, April 16, 2007

the MAKE ME AN ALBUM project submissions are complete!

it's true!

the last spot was secured by joe sacksteder a few days ago. his submission: "cathaholic." check out the album listing to the right (where the submission form used to be). here's a little celebration for us all: SUSHI!


well, now that this is all over, i guess i should release the data/awards/interesting information.

the top ten best song titles i wish i could have used:
1. CHECK OUT MY STATUS (casey peterson)
2. At The End of the Most Recent Harry Potter Book, Gandalf Dies (john kamman)
3. The Best Pentecost Ever (brian heilman)
4. Friendshipover.com (josh suckow)
5. Naked Megumi II (john kamman)
6. Seriously, I'm Really Excited For Breakfast (joe sery)
7. I'm A Cereal Man (chris nolan)
8. And That's Why I Hate the Cherokee (dan h.)
9. The Disadvantages of Chili (eric stinson)
10. Slip Her The Tongue (mitchell johnson)

total number of submitters: 34

most submissions: dan h.,, with 79 - or 25% of all submissions

most common "key" submission: f - 59 times, or 19% of all submissions

longest title submission: when I was a little kid, my older brother told me that i would turn into a girl at the age of 16. Years later, when I passed the age at which my gender was supposed to switch, I joined the hockey team and immortalized the number 16 by playing with it on my back every game. It is still my favorite number. (john kamman)

shortest title submission (tie): four characters (eric stinson's "S/He" and dan dooher's "guam")

number of times jesus was mentioned: 4
number of times porcupines were mentioned: 2

percentage of submissions made from outside the united states: 19%

percentage of submissions made by females: 17%

percentage of my family that made submissions: 60%

song titles suggested more than once by the same person: 1. pepper - the everyman spice (joe sery). 2. casual casualty (joe sacksteder). apparently they really wanted these to be song titles.

top five most depressing joe sery submissions:
1. I Wish I Could Forget About The Time You Destroyed My Life
2. Weddings Make Me Lonely
3. I Miss My Lice
4. I Love Girls Named Megan
5. I Hate Girls Named Megan

percentage of dan h.'s contributions that can be construed as sexual: 39%

percentage of dan h.'s contributions that are sacrilegious: 9%

percentage of dan h.'s contributions that insult minorities or the disadvantaged: 17%

well, that pretty much does it. if you have any questions, leave them in the comments.

i want to think everyone who participated. it was really fun getting these submissions every day, and now i have quite a challenge in getting all these songs done.

i don't really know what i'm going to do with the finished songs. it seems stupid just to keep you waiting for them; you might even forget about them. i'm considering just making everything available for download as soon as i'm finished. if i decide, i'll make a new post.

again, thanks.

tom

5 comments:

Daniel Holth said...

Most submissions! I rule!

Daniel Holth said...

Oh, and who beat me to registering Friendshipover.com? Kamman?

tmkain said...

suckow did.

Daniel Holth said...

Actually upon further research, it was a Mr. Justin Scanlan from Minneapolis MN....

Case-Face said...

Thanks for making music come alive.
It was one, wild, ride.

Now... rock me, amadeus.